Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Looking Back and recognizing effort

Lately I've been in a bit of a slump. I really think I burned out during the first part of the year and then with various life changes, I had trouble getting back to my peak performance mode. However, as we reach the last few days of 2011- I'm reflecting on what I accomplished this year.
This is a snapshot of my 2010 Nike+ Stats for the whole year:

This is my 2011 Nike+ Stats (updated 1/1/2012):

9 more runs than last year- 93 miles more - 13.5 hours more- and an avg pace improvement of almost 1.5 minutes. I may not have kept up the intensity and frequency of my runs the second half of the year- but by God, I still improved over 2010 and that is something I can be proud of
I had some disappointments this year- choosing to opt out of my 2nd half marathon and not performing as well as I wanted to at Ragnar (due to illness)- that's life though- right? It doesn't always go as planned. You can give up- or you can keep on.
When you're having a rough day and beating yourself up for what you DIDN'T do- remember what you DID do and remind yourself that progress is progress- no matter how slow, no matter how long it takes. Keep moving forward.

My goal for 2012 is to improve on 2011 - run at least 100 times, go for 350 miles in the year and quicken my avg overall pace by at least 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment