While I took the time off from running- I did a few things;
- I found pleasure in exercising in other ways- cycling, Arc Trainer, getting back into regular strength training.
- I got crazy about creating my race schedule for the year.
- As part of that planning though, I decided I wanted to have lots of FUN races intermixed with the more serious ones this year.
Some of the really fun races I'm doing?
- May 12 (TOMORROW!!) - Dirty Girl Mud Run Indianapolis, a 5K obstacle/mudd course
- June 9 - Tap N Run Indianapolis, a 4K with a beer chug at each K and a full at the finish!
- July 29 - The Color Run Indianapolis, a 5K with blasts of color at each K- resulting in a rainbow of fun at the end!
- September 14-15 - Ragnar Napa! Can't wait to get my 3rd Ragnar Race in! I'm runner 12 this year!
|I mean, who couldn't love those colors?|
All of this renewed energy and planning for my running really helped me find the fun and the joy in it again. I had begun to feel very weighted by the monotony of training - I'm enjoying it so much- I might say that the injury may have been for the best!