Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 – The Wrap Up and On to the Next One


As it has been so long since I last posted, I thought I’d just beat the clock and get a year-end wrap up posted before the clock strikes 12 on 2012.

The lack of posts is definitely NOT because I have not been busy working out and meeting my goals – in fact, it is more because I took a break from trying to force the blog posts in order to focus on those goals. This year, I have found a really great place in my weight loss/fitness journey. While I have a goal weight range, I’m no longer concerned about the exact # on the scale. My primary goal is to be fit and healthy. To achieve this goal- I have to continue to work hard and fuel my body purely. If I work on those things, I will achieve that goal eventually. I had posted earlier this year about being frustrated with a plateau. The reality is, I’ve only lost about 5 lbs since then, total. The good news is : 1)have maintained a 70+ weight loss for over 2 years and 2)have accepted that I have to do something different nutritionally if I want different results and 3)I’m capable of WAY more than I ever thought possible physically.
In late April, I decided I wanted to sign up for some races again and fill up my race calendar to be consistent. I had a goal to do at least 1 race per month through the end of the year. That goal meant completing 8 races. I’m very happy to report that I completed 10 and attempted 11!

Here is a quick rundown of my races of 2012:
  • 500 Festival 5K Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Dirty Girl Mud Run Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Tap N Run Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • The Color Run Indianapolis - FINISHED   
  • Ragnar Napa Valley - FINISHED
  • Disaster Dash Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Wine at the Line Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Monumental 5K Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Drumstick Dash Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Jingle Bell Run Indianapolis - FINISHED
  • Santa Shuffle Half (DNF- 8.5mi completed, injured foot)

I’ve also continued with CrossFit since beginning at the end of May. Today, I ended 2012 with a kick ass WOD at Church of Iron. I was on a workout high for at least an hour afterwards. I love the little CF family I’ve become a part of. Lately, due to work, I’ve not been able to be as consistent with my schedule- but I’m back, and I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months brings.

On that note- the next 6 months. It’s going to bring A LOT!
I have 8, that’s EIGHT, races scheduled between 1/1/13 and end of May.
2 5Ks, a 10K, a 15K, 1 half marathon and 2 Obstacle Course Races (including a Spartan Sprint in April!)
A goal of a minimum of 3 visits to CrossFit each week (sometimes 4).
A renewed focus on my nutrition and feeding to fuel and little else.

While I don’t believe in resolutions that are made to be broken- I commit to being mindful of the goals I’ve set and allowing myself to move on when I momentarily lose sight of them.

What goals have you set this year- and how will you reach them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment