Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mind over Matter- it really is true.

There are so many times that I have talked myself out of working out - or continuing my fitness routines- but something this year really has clicked. Even if it is all at my pace and sometimes slower than I'd like- I'm able to enjoy life and really have found out how much I enjoy being fit.

Today I was planning to do a 5k run after work- but after my strength training session on Tuesday morning (which included LUNGES!) I was pretty sore- especially the hamstrings. All day at work, I kept telling myself that it would be ok to skip it and relax a little. But you know what? At the end of the day, I told myself it was NOT ok to skip it - and that I had to at least try- and if it meant I walked more than normal- then so be it. I did walk a bit more than I really hoped, but my overall pace was still so respectable.

It might be a full minute per mile slower than yesterday- but the real positive? when I was running- I was actually running faster than on Monday- I just took more walk breaks. Nice! I even threw in a few small hills. That's two 5ks this week so far!

When I got home, my husband was just arriving with the kids- so we decided to head out to dinner. While I may have eaten a bit more than planned while out- I decided on the way home that I was going to cut the grass when we got home. So that's what I did. 30 minutes to push mow the front and back yard- I'm beat but I feel good!
My oldest daughter - she approves!!
Actually, this was in response to her first-ever root beer float- but it made me smile, so I hope it does you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment