Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am not M.I.A.

I have been really bad about getting to my blog to update it. However, this past week and a half have been very busy, and stressful- but also good and full of fitness and great workouts (well, except for a couple/three day break during my trip to PA).

When my husband and I joined the other gym near our house to maximize our workout time- we received 2 free training sessions as well. We used those to help develop a plan in the ActiveTrax system that the gym uses. It is helpful because it keeps me focused on what exercises to do and have a plan for when I walk into the gym, rather than wander around trying do decide which machine looks less scary. I did my first ActiveTrax workout on Monday - and my calves and triceps are still screaming for mercy. Looks like I've got lots of room to grow there.

I am still swimming and running for my cardio workouts - and I just have to say that I am so pleased that I got back into swimming. I really had forgotten how much I LOVED to swim and I have always kind of felt like a fish in water- just comfortable and confident. When I swam competitively I was good- not champion good, but I held my own at swim meets. I swam with one of the best at that time - a girl I came through school with and swam with - Dawn Heckman. She was made to be a swimmer - and from what I hear, now owns (I hope that's right) Splish.com - a very cool (and custom!) athletic swimwear company/site. When I am able to comfortably fit into the sizes she offers (which won't be long at all) I will own some of those super cool suits. I even kind of like the fact that I smell chlorine all day after my morning swim (I do shower and try to wash it all off- but it lingers, what can I say).

Today is day 2 of strength training - and I'll be working opposite muscles from day 1 - so maybe that will help stretch out those really sore ones (I'm hoping!).

Sorry for my silence of late- I'll try to be better about that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing awesome! And the workouts are better for you than blogging. :0)

    ReplyDelete