Thursday, February 3, 2011

*grumble*

So. I don't like the word failure. I won't call it that. I made a conscious choice tonight NOT to workout. I needed a break. It doesn't matter that I could have done 30 minutes of anything- I needed to do more than 30 minutes of NOTHING tonight.

My husband is going to be out of town for the next 3 days, and I'll have my 2 rambuncious girls all to myself- they'll more than make up for the activity loss for today- I plan to run tomorrow and already have my club run and a training session on Saturday. Sunday's activity TBD.

So- while I may not have accomplished 100 days in a row of activity- I'm still proud that I got more than 25 in. And maybe next time I'll aim for 30 in a row- or maybe not. I think some activity every day is a great goal to have- but it is also a lot of pressure. Having to be honest with myself, I put a lot of pressure in my life already between work, kids, fitness, weight loss, etc - it's OK to take a break. I think I NEED a break every now and then. And with my strength training schedule and running training for both the Mini 2011 and the Ragnar Relay in June- I think a solid day off at least 1x a week is well within reason.

I fought with my thoughts on this for a long time tonight. But I'm listening to my inner voice this time- jammies on, couch potato. And I am OK with it.

26 days completed- 26 days. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. 26 is awesome--and I think at least 1 day a week without exercise is a GREAT break.

    ReplyDelete