Thursday, July 8, 2010

*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

Wow - almost a week since my last entry. Something tells me that that is NOT the way to build a following of regular blog readers....

I haven't been neglecting everything, for the record. My husband changed schedules at work again (we know his schedule, at most, a month at a time) and now doesn't get home until 7pm on weeknights. It makes for long days and hectic ones as well.

I have continued to run- though my distance and effort may be suffering a little. In some defense- it has been dreadfully hot here this week- high humidity and the only time of day I can run is 4pm-ish. That means I'm running on a treadmill, and it's not something I really want to do.

Coming off a long holiday weekend- I must say that I slacked. I ran on Friday, July 2 - and then didn't run again until Tuesday. I did run for 30 minutes though and even though it was the treadmill, it was a decent run and I kept a decent pace. Wednesday, I was going to rest from running- but after 15 minutes of being completely bored on the elliptical machine, I had the urge to run for a bit. I was crunched for time because of when I have to leave work to pick up my girls on time - so I jumped off the elliptical and ran hill intervals on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Short run but kicked up the intensity with the incline so in all it was a good workout.

Today is hot again- And I have about the same amount of time 35-40 min total. I'll be heading to the treadmill again and will get it done.

I have a very busy evening ahead of me- and I want so badly to say "to heck with it" on the workout side of things. But I KNOW that Rome was not built in a day- and taking a day off when you really NEED to do it can cause a period of inaction (see: last weekend). I know I will feel better afterwards, I always do. Then I will be glad I did it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I find that while it's important to take off a normal workout day when I NEED it, if I take off days I don't NEED to take, it can become a habit so quickly. Good for you, for sticking with it, even with icky weather and having to do indoor workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could've written this entry myself; it seems we're quite similar - what with the husbands working till 7pm, the disdain for the treadmill, the lack of drive and desire in the exercise department, etc.

    Oh, and I've subscribed so you've still managed to build your readership a little, lol.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete