Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jitters.

I'm signed up for the 500 Festival 5K that runs right before the Mini Marathon in Indianapolis on May 8. I'm looking forward to running it- and also nervous.
- it starts at 7am. STARTS at 7am. That means for parking, stretching, etc- I will have to be there very early. The bonus is that I'll be done in time to watch the winners of the Mini cross the finish line.
- I get a sparkly 5K medal for finishing.
- Races make me nervous- but then again- I still get jitters before any run. I am a runner, I claim it- I own it- but my confidence in my ability still gets stuck sometimes.

My biggest fear at the moment is the fact that headphones are not allowed on the course. If you see my post about the Race for the Cure,  I use music to pace myself. This is going to be a real challenge to mentally keep myself on pace and not get going too fast and putter out. However, on the plus side- It will be easier to find my pace group this time- so I'll be around others of my same ability. The race is 2 weeks from Saturday. One more week of solid training and then I'll take easy runs for the week of....

If anyone wants to offer some advice, I'd be happy to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment