Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, isn't that funny?

In my first post on this blog. . . I mentioned the near-death experience of the other (private) one between friends....now that one is going again and I haven't posted here at all.... le sigh. I've got to get better about that.

So I decided that maybe I'll make this a running blog- trials, tribulations and achievements along the way. And I'll throw in some fun, funny stuff too. I mean, I have 2 small children....the funny is part of the gig.

That said- I had a great run yesterday. Having started running again after my 2nd daughter was born in Nov 2009, I had a set back in early March of a really nasty bout with (what seems to be a now annual) bronchitis. In prep for my upcoming 5k's and Ragnar Relay in Utah in June- I'm trying to master the 4 mile distance (the distance of my legs in the Ragnar). And slowly working on pace. As I transition from walk/run intervals to as much running as possible. . .my pace certainly improves. When I started in Jan - I was around a 15 min/mile. Yesterday? I maintained a 12:55 min/mile pace for 30 min. Yay for great runs!

I realize to some that that pace may even be a slow WALK to them...but I don't care..I'm out there, I'm doing it - my health is improving, my weight is improving (albeit slowly) and I'm getting the miles in...'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment