Monday, December 13, 2010

My last race of 2010

The Indianapolis Jingle Bell Run - I decided to run it the night before the race. No real prep-but otherwise, I know I'm good for that distance. I mean, it was my 7th race this year. I can't even believe I just said that.

Stef and I before the race. It was COLD!

Results:
‎1285/1820 total
11:20 pace
35:12.6 total time
65/104 in age group
a.k.a. I wasn't last<-- I'll take that.

I hate to sound like a race whiner- since I took issue with the timing procedure of my last race- however, I truly believe this course was longer than a true 5k. My Nike+ said the course was 3.46 miles- and when I mapped the course map on Mapmyrun.com - it was 3.27 miles. I think my Nike+ was also off, but I believe the course was longer than 3.1. Just saying.
Either way- this is still OFFICIALLY my fastest 5k ever.

The running belt did great, once again- I had my phone, iPod, gum, chapstick, money and ID in my belt- and easily could have fit more. I never noticed it once during my run- no slipping, no bouncing. As I come to the end of my review of this belt- I have to say that I am overly impressed with it- I didn't expect it to do everything it said it would....now, if I could only get it to run the races for me. . .

REMEMBER- this is the last week up until the drawing to win the http://www.ifitness.com/ running belt - You really should sign up now (see details below). The drawing is on Dec. 15.
DO NOT FORGET that you can win one of these belts for FREE! Go read this original entry to read all of the ways you can be entered in this fun contest! It isn't hard to enter, it doesn't take a lot of time and really, it makes a great gift to yourself or anyone else!

Also- if you can't wait to win it, or need one NOW or want to make a great gift for the active folks in your life- From now until December 31st- when you purchase any running belt from Running Belt by iFitness and use the code: RunLola - you will receive free shipping on your belt(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment