Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pushing yourself

Today, I wanted to do another interval workout like the workout with Liz last week - so I did the same order, and almost the same exercises as that one. However, my small town gym by where I work: stairmaster is too far from the other equipment and they don't have an AMT. So- for the cardio portions, I went between the elliptical on a high resistance, a recumbant bike and the treadmill- running 30 second sprints at 7mph (I don't think I've ever turned the treadmill that high before- that's about a 8:30mm pace)

Then I did the squat jacks, slow running one leg and spiderman planks - I was able to do 10 on each side. Again- it was an amazing sweat for about 25 minutes of effort. I was on a time crunch because I had to pick up my kids- so I cooled off for 5 minutes on the treadmill and got in the car to go home.

The best part about having kept up my workout routine during Christmas week is that I really don't feel like I missed a step at all- there is no post-holiday slump. Yay!

Looking forward to ending the year on a good fitness note and starting 2011 strong. My goal for the year is to hit my goal weight range by the end of 2011. 365 days and some change. I can do this. No [Lots] Sweat.

1 comment:

  1. I so so so agree.
    for me not missing a step---even if the workouts around here have been less than SWEATSWEAT producing---makes the whole IT'S 2011!! feel less daunting.

    xo

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete