Friday, January 28, 2011

3x7=21

3 weeks, 7 days a week= 21 days. That is how many days in a row I have made a conscious effort of at least 30 minutes of intentional movement.

Cha-Cha answered a question- and most of you have probably heard before - that it takes 21 days to change a habit. I already had a steady habit of a fitness routine but I had it "burned in my brain" (one of my fav lines from When Harry Met Sally) that I had to have at least a day or 2 of rest. And that rest day(s) became an excuse. If I had a rough day, or poor weather or the wind was blowing wrong- it became a way to write the day off "just because". Now- I still have those "Maybe I should take the day off" thoughts- but I now don't let it be an excuse. 1) I KNOW I will always feel better when I'm done - I have NEVER regretted a workout that I DID complete; only regret for those I didn't. 2) By feeling like I have to be accountable- not just to myself, but to any readers of the blog and to the universe in general - I'm very much more likely to make sure it happens.

We had our weekly weigh in at work today (Biggest Loser contest- I am not in it to win it- just keeping myself honest and it's cheaper than weekly WI at WW)- I was down 1.6# this past week. While I had a total plateau and then slight gain during holidays- I'm now back below that weight and total weight loss is at 66.4# since Nov '09. I will definitely take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment