Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 11- the one where Fido the killer strikes again!

You may remember that I had my first run in with a dog last week. I went back to run today (first run since Friday!) and I had probably put my first mile in when I heard a faint yappy barking behind the music in my ears. There he/she was trotting after me and barking all the way. This pup really thinks he/she can take me. But I threw snow...and that was that :) Kept a good distance after that.

My Nike+ crapped out again- I believe this time it was because I stomped towards/at the dog a few times and may have messed it up- but who knows...even with the bad data- my last 2 runs have not uploaded properly. If anyone has any suggestions on this- please- let a girl know!

I ran for 30 minutes- and aside from the dog interruption- I kept a nice even pace all along- I'm guessing about an 11:15mm - but not sure. Just going by what I felt.

Either way- 30 minutes in, Day 11 done.

This was one of those days that I really didn't think I'd make it- so many ways to quit. It was coldish, rainy and dreary. Had to pick up at the pharmacy- so I didn't want to go to the gym and then backtrack all sweaty to the pharmacy....so- pharmacy first and off to the cemetery. I talked myself IN to it by reminding myself I had run in much colder, much more dreary conditions and I had to beat the demon. So I did.

It's really nice to know *I* own the demons now and tell them what to do; rather than the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment